|Recipe Box Creations
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve crackers, crushed medium to fine (recommended: Ritz)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, onion, and butter until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- 2 pounds beef tri tip steak
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 slices white American cheese
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
Place beef in the slow cooker crock.
Pour beef stock, vinegar, and Worcestershire over beef.
Cook on Low until beef is cooked to medium, 3-4 hours.
Remove cooked beef from broth and set aside. Reserve broth.
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook mushrooms in oil until they begin to soften; add onion and green pepper.
Cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
Slice beef thinly.
Divide beef and vegetables evenly among the rolls.
Top each sandwich with 2 slices cheese; wrap in foil.
Place sandwiches in preheated oven and heat until cheese is melted; about 10 minutes.
Serve hot sandwiches with reserved beef broth, if desired.
This is such an quick and easy lunch. You can use any combination of meat and cheese you like.
- Crescent rolls
- sliced ham
- sliced swiss cheese
Easy lunch on a cold day.
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 c. green pepper, chopped
- 1 c. celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 4 14-1/2 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 15-oz. can tomato and herb sauce
- 16-oz. pkg. frozen, sliced okra
Place bacon, onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in a Dutch oven; sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken, chicken broth, salt and pepper; simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and okra; simmer until okra is tender, about 30 minutes. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Patch, Gooseberry (2002-09-15). Soups Cookbook (Classic Cookbooklets) (p. 11). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
- 5 to 6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T. all-purpose flour
- 8-oz. can tomato sauce
Boil potatoes and carrots in a saucepan until tender, about 30 minutes; set aside. Shape beef into one-inch meatballs; brown in a skillet and drain. Pour meatballs into undrained vegetable mixture; heat for 5 minutes and set aside. Whisk flour with 1/2 cup water; add tomato sauce. Stir into beef mixture; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serves 4.
Patch, Gooseberry (2002-09-15). Soups Cookbook (Classic Cookbooklets) (p. 9). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.