Your Kids’ New Favorite Dinner
This spaghetti-casserole fusion adds in some sure-to-please ingredients like bacon and cheese. It just might be your family’s new favorite.
Yields: 6 main-dish servings
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 20 min
Oven Temp: 350
– 1 pound(s) spaghetti
– 4 strip(s) bacon, chopped
– 1 large (10- to 12-ounce) red onion, finely chopped
– 1 container(s) (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
– 4 large eggs
– 2 cup(s) (2-percent) reduced-fat milk
– 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne (ground red) pepper
– 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 cup(s) frozen peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook spaghetti as label directs.
3. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. To fat in pan, add onion. Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. While onion cooks, in very large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, cayenne, half of Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
5. Drain spaghetti well. Stir into ricotta mixture along with peas, bacon, and onion. Spread in even layer in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.
This is a recipe from Campbell’s kitchen.
- 1( 10.75 oz ) can Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ( 4.5 0z) cans Swanson premium chunk chicken breast in water -drained
- 8 flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Mix soup, cheese, chili powder, and chicken
3. Spread 1/4 cup soup mixture on half of each tortillas to within 1/2 inch of edge. Moisten edge with water. Fold over and seal. Place on 2 baking sheets.
4. Bake 10 minutes or until hot.
If you want to add a little kick, add red pepper or chopped jalapenos. I also recommend adding some onion and garlic.
1 Can rotel tomatoes, drained (almost all the way)
1 bag bacon pieces
1 cup shredded swiss
1 cup Mayo
3 pkg. phyllo pastry cups – thawed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the first 4 ingredients and scoop evenly into the cups. Place on baking sheet and cook at 350 for 15 min.
2 cans crescent rolls
2 packages softened cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 Tbs sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Spread 1 can crescent rolls on bottom of greased 13×9 pan.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla.
4. Spread mixture over crescent rolls.
5. Unroll and spread second can of crescent rolls over mixture.
6. Spread 1/4 cup melted butter over top
7. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar to taste.
8. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes.
1 8 oz package cream cheese
2 cups grated cheddar cheese or grated jalapeno jack
1 cup mayonnaise
1 small purple onion or green onion if you prefer
1. Combine all ingredients in a 9″ baking dish
2. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned
I like to serve this with tortilla chips, but you can use Wheat Thins or Fritos if you like.
Also if you want to add a little kick to it, add some finely chopped jalapeno to it. Add as much or as little as you like. I usually use about 4-6 slices of jalapenos out of the jar.
Another variation is to add 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese and 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese instead of the 2 cups cheddar.
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.
1 lb Sausage , uncooked ( regular or hot)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
4 oz Cheddar cheese , shredded
Preheat oven to 400°.
Mix all ingredients until well combined. Roll into 1 inch balls.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
You can make these ahead and refrigerate until needed. Or also freeze until ready to use, you will need to add a few minutes to the baking time.
1/2 cup MAYO
1/2 cup SOUR CREAM
2 Tablespoons DIJON MUSTARD
1 Tablespoon WHITE WINE VINEGAR
2-6 drops HOT SAUCE
1 medium GARLIC CLOVE, crushed