- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup gold tequila or water
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (4-serving size) lime-flavored gelatin
- 2 containers (12 oz each) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 teaspoon electric green gel food color
- 1/4 cup coarse white sugar or white decorator sugar crystals
- 24 thin lime slices (about 3 limes)
- 24 cocktail umbrellas
1.Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2.In large bowl, beat all cupcake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3.Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 Minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely.
4.In medium bowl, mix frosting and food color until blended. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle sugar on small plate; roll edges of cupcakes in sugar. Cut small slit in lime slices; twist and place on cupcakes. Poke 1 umbrella into each cupcake. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.