2 C white or yellow cake mix
2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C (1 stick) butter, cut into 4 pieces
1/4 C milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4-1/2 cup sprinkles (who really measures sprinkles?)
In a microwave proof mixing bowl combine cake mix and powdered sugar. Stir just to blend.
Add in butter and milk. No need to stir.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Immediately remove from microwave and carefully stir to combine. Once blended, add in white chocolate chips and blend again.
Fold in about half of your sprinkle to give some color.
Quickly spread fudge into a 8×8 greased pan. Add remaining sprinkles to top and gently press down to secure sprinkles. Refrigerate until completely chilled, then cut into 1 inch squares.
½ cup cocoa or 2 squares (2 oz.) unsweetened baker’s chocolate
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 cup roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
Melt butter with the cocoa or chocolate together in a heavy saucepan over medium low, whisking constantly till blended. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and walnuts. Mix well. Pour into a well buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into squares.
These brownies are very fudgy and may be somewhat difficult to slice cleanly; use a sharp knife and a spatula to help them loosen from the baking dish.
18-1/ 4 oz. pkg. German chocolate cake mix
3/ 4 c. butter, melted
2/ 3 c. sweetened condensed milk
5 2-oz. chocolate-covered caramel nougat candy bars, thinly sliced
In a bowl, combine dry cake mix, butter and condensed milk. Press half of batter into a greased 13″ x9″ baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; arrange candy bar slices Press remaining batter over candy bar layer. Return to oven; bake an additional 20 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. Makes 16 to 20.
Patch, Gooseberry (2012-05-07). Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Brownie & Bar Recipes (Kindle Locations 41-42). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
Patch, Gooseberry (2012-05-07). Circle of Friends Cookbook 25 Brownie & Bar Recipes (Kindle Locations 21-24). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
- 1/ 2 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/ 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/ 2 t. baking soda
- 1/ 2 t. baking powder
- 1/ 2 t. nutmeg
- 1 c. apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/ 2 c. chopped nuts
In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy; stir in vanilla and egg. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking baking powder and nutmeg. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix thoroughly. Fold in apples and nuts. Spread batter in a greased 9″ x9″ baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Makes one dozen.
This is a free download on Kindle
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (4-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour. Spread batter into a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Sprinkle warm brownies with toasted pecans and marshmallows.
4. Prepare Chocolate Frosting. Pour over pecans and marshmallows; spread to edges. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cook first 3 ingredients over medium heat in a large saucepan, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes or until butter melts. Remove from heat, and beat in powdered sugar and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.