Beneath the confetti-candy covering of these ice cream pops lies a marvelous surprise: a soft-in-the-center miniature candy bar on a Popsicle stick. Let kids help prepare these fanciful confections: Have them push sticks into the candy bars and finish the pops by giving them a full coating of the candy sprinkles. Perch the pops on a chilled cake stand to give them a longer life during serving.
- 8 pieces 1 1/2 – inch soft-centered candy bars. ( Milky Way , Snickers, 3 Musketeers)
- 1 pint vanilla custard- style ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup assorted candy confetti or sprinkles
- Insert a wooden Popsicle stick into one end of each candy bar and set aside. Place 1 tablespoon of ice cream in the bottom of a 3-ounce paper cup. Place candy in the center of the cup, surround with 3 tablespoons of ice cream, and smooth over top.
- Transfer cup to a baking sheet, repeat with remaining cups, and freeze until solid. Pour confetti or sprinkles into a shallow bowl and set aside. Peel the cup from each ice cream pop and roll in the decorations to cover completely. Store in freezer for up to 3 days.