- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook spaghetti pasta until al dente. Drain well. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, cook chopped bacon until slightly crisp; remove and drain onto paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat; add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat in reused large skillet. Add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onion is translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add wine if desired; cook one more minute.
- Return cooked bacon to pan; add cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss to coat and heat through, adding more olive oil if it seems dry or is sticking together. Add beaten eggs and cook, tossing constantly with tongs or large fork until eggs are barely set. Quickly add ½ cup Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember that bacon and Parmesan are very salty).
- Serve immediately with chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
– See more at: http://www.recipeboxcreations.com/2013/10/spaghetti-carbonara.html#sthash.LEfPTTlu.dpuf
10-oz. pkg. refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 c. marinara sauce
1/3 c. mascarpone cheese or softened cream cheese
1/4 c. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 t. fresh thyme, chopped
5 slices smoked mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Prepare tortellini according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine marinara sauce, mascarpone or cream cheese, parsley and thyme. Fold in tortellini. Transfer to a greased 9″x9″ baking pan.
Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Serves 4 to 6
This recipe and more found in:
Your Kids’ New Favorite Dinner
This spaghetti-casserole fusion adds in some sure-to-please ingredients like bacon and cheese. It just might be your family’s new favorite.
Yields: 6 main-dish servings
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep Time: 20 min
Oven Temp: 350
– 1 pound(s) spaghetti
– 4 strip(s) bacon, chopped
– 1 large (10- to 12-ounce) red onion, finely chopped
– 1 container(s) (15-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
– 4 large eggs
– 2 cup(s) (2-percent) reduced-fat milk
– 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne (ground red) pepper
– 1 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– 2 cup(s) frozen peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Cook spaghetti as label directs.
3. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook bacon on medium 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. To fat in pan, add onion. Cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. While onion cooks, in very large bowl, whisk ricotta, eggs, milk, cayenne, half of Parmesan, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
5. Drain spaghetti well. Stir into ricotta mixture along with peas, bacon, and onion. Spread in even layer in 3-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
6. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set.