2 T. butter
1/4 c. onion, chopped
8-oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. catsup
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
3 T. cider vinegar
1 T. brown sugar, packed
1/2 t. mustard
1/2 c. water
1/8 t. cinnamon
4 c. cooked turkey, cubed
8 hamburger buns, split
- Basil & oregano pesto
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Tomato, slice.
- Put your griddle (or panini press) on medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Assemble your sandwiches.
- Cook until lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Cut in half and serve right away.
Servings: 3 sandwiches
Basil & Oregano Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (or just more basil leaves)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor, blend and set aside.
Original recipe found at:
2 packages crescent rolls, 8 count
1 pound deli roast beef, thinly sliced
4 ounces Swiss or provolone cheese, cut in 16 equal sized pieces
optional: Horseradish Sauce
optional: Au Jus for dipping
French Dip Crescent Directions:
Unroll crescents onto a large cookie sheet.
Spread a small dab of horseradish on each crescent, then place a slice of roast beef and a piece of cheese on each crescent.
Roll crescents starting from the wide end and ending at the narrow end.
Bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes, until crescents are a golden color.
Serve with Au Jus and enjoy!
Easy Au Jus Ingredients:
olive oil, just enough to saute
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced (I use jarred)
1/8 cup white wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 1/2 cups beef broth
1 teaspoon flour
Easy Au Jus Directions:
Caramelize the onions in a small amount of olive oil. Add garlic and cook for a minute or two more.
Deglaze the pot with white wine, then add Worcestershire sauce and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
Add beef broth and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Strain broth and then return it to pot. Add flour and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- 2 pounds beef tri tip steak
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 12 slices white American cheese
- 6 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
Place beef in the slow cooker crock.
Pour beef stock, vinegar, and Worcestershire over beef.
Cook on Low until beef is cooked to medium, 3-4 hours.
Remove cooked beef from broth and set aside. Reserve broth.
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook mushrooms in oil until they begin to soften; add onion and green pepper.
Cook and stir until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
Slice beef thinly.
Divide beef and vegetables evenly among the rolls.
Top each sandwich with 2 slices cheese; wrap in foil.
Place sandwiches in preheated oven and heat until cheese is melted; about 10 minutes.
Serve hot sandwiches with reserved beef broth, if desired.
Enjoy this recipe from Harvest Kitchen Cookbook (M784).
- 2 11-oz. tubes refrigerated French bread dough
- 1/2 lb. bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 T. green onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb. deli sliced turkey
- 1/2 lb. deli sliced ham
- 1/2 lb. sliced provolone cheese
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 c. lettuce, chopped
Spray a Bundt pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Place both tubes of dough into pan, seam-side up, joining ends together to form one large ring. Pinch edges to seal tightly. Lightly spray top of dough with non-stick vegetable spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden. Carefully turn out; cool completely. Combine bacon, mayonnaise and onion; mix well. Slice bread horizontally. Spread half the bacon mixture over bottom half of bread. Top with turkey, ham and provolone. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts. Top with tomatoes and lettuce. Spread remaining bacon mixture on top half; place over lettuce. Slice into wedges. Serves 8.
- 3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped smoked almonds
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices whole-grain bread